Being in recovery during Thanksgiving and the holiday season can be a challenging time. During this period, there are many relapse triggers that can tempt you to veer away from your sobriety journey. One way to stay focused on your goals is to always remind yourself that you are fortunate to be given another chance at life.
Always try to have an attitude of gratitude and be thankful for this new opportunity in life. During recovery, it can be very easy to forget that there are so many things to be thankful for. The struggle of staying sober can be so frustrating and this can cloud your thinking. However, if you continuously try to focus on the positive, this can really help you have a much different outlook.
Here are inspirational sobriety quotes that can help you stay motivated during the Thanksgiving season. These quotes can also be useful for people who are struggling with depression, anxiety, and other problems. May these quotes serve as an inspiration and a motivation for you to face each new day with a grateful heart.
1. I am grateful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have strength.
2. Realize how blessed you are.
3. Start each day with a grateful heart.
4. I am strong. I am blessed. I am grateful.
5. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
6. There are many reasons to be happy.
7. I will be grateful for this day.
8. I got 99 blessings and my recovery is Number 1.
9. Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
10. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
11. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.
12. A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
13. I am amazing and today is going to be a wonderful day.
14. Every day is a fresh start.
15. Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
16. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
17. A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings.
18. I am thankful for the strength to overcome my struggles.
19. I am thankful I am alive and healthy.
20. Do something today your future self will thank you for.
21. Your recovery is a gift… always be thankful.
22. I may not have everything I want in life but I’m blessed enough to have all that I need!
23. I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet.
24. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life.
25. When you’re thankful for what you have, you are always rewarded with more.
26. It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
27. As you breathe right now, another person takes their last. Learn to be content with what you have.
28. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.
29. Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they open your eyes to the good things.
30. I am currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
31. The more you thank life, the more life gives you something to be thankful for.
32. Thank you, God for not giving up on me.
33. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
34. Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me.
35. Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
36. As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad?
37. One day you will thank yourself for never giving up.
38. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.
39. I’m grateful for this moment, the now, no matter what form it takes.
40. Be drunk in gratitude not in alcohol.
41. A moment of gratitude makes a difference in attitude.
42. We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.
43. Even in the trials of life, if we have eyes to see them, we can find good things everywhere we look.
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, help is available.
You do not need to face your struggles alone. Talk to an expert who can help you deal with your issues.
Contact Lighthouse Treatment Center today.