Lighthouse Policy to Protect Clients/Staff from Coronavirus
* Lighthouse Treatment is accepting admissions and operating with heightened safety protocols during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Orange County Health Care Agency ochealthinfo.com/phs/about/epidasmt/epi/dip/prevention/novel_coronavirus) is working closely with the federal (Center for Disease Control) and state (California Department of Public Health) to monitor and test for the COVID-19 virus.
The Orange County Health Care Agency says tests would be administered to anyone with flu-like symptoms of the disease, who in the last two weeks has been in contact with other virus patients or who has traveled in areas where outbreaks have occurred.
- The Federal Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) Website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html) provides valuable information regarding how to protect yourself from the virus. They indicate the following:
- Higher At-Risk Groups. Older people (age 70+) are at higher risk for the virus because it is likely their immune system may be weaker, and it is more likely that they have a medically compromised condition (COPD or other respiratory diseases);
- How It Spreads.
- There is no vaccine yet to prevent the disease. All international resources are working on a vaccine;
- THE BEST WAT TO PREVENT ILLNESS IS TO AVOID BEING EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS;
- The virus is known to spread mainly from person to person within 6 feet of each other when an infected person coughs or sneezes. When the droplets land on another’s mouth or nose, it is inhaled into the lungs;
- Steps to Take to Protect Yourself.
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN;
- IF SOAP AND WATER ARE NOT AVAILABLE, USE HAND SANITIZER THAT CONTAINS AT LEAST 60% ALCOHOL. COVER ALL SURFACES OF YOUR HANDS AND RUB UNTIL THEY FEEL DRY;
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR EYES, NOSE, AND MOUTH WITH UNWASHED HANDS;
- AVOID CLOSE CONTACT WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE KNOWN TO BE SICK, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE AT HIGH RISK;
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
Based on these guidelines, Lighthouse Treatment has adopted the following policy:
- Staff and clients are encouraged to take the preventative steps outlined in paragraph 3 above;
- Staff who are in the high-risk category are encouraged to stay home until the virus is stabilized;
- Staff who are able to perform their daily functions with normal proficiency from home are encouraged to do so;
- All staff who are verified to be sick must stay home;
- If a potential client is known to be sick, the client will be isolated as much as practicable from other clients who are not ill;
- Any staff or client who presents symptoms consistent with the virus will be requested to be tested for it;
- Clients will only be transported off site if the visit is required for their health and safety.
- All patients, staff, faculty, students, volunteers, and visitors will be checked daily for fever—the most common symptom of COVID-19;
- Visitors will be screened for other symptoms, and will be questioned regarding international travel and exposure to someone with a known case of COVID-19;
- Staff are encouraged NOT to bring their children to work with them.
- The Lighthouse will follow the DHCS Guidelines as published in their periodic bulletins, Orange County Supervisor guidelines; Orange County Public Health Department guidelines, California Department of Public Health guidelines and National Center for Disease Control guidelines, as modified from time to time.
If you have any questions about our policies and procedures during the Coronavirus situation, please call (855) 934-1100.