With the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic affecting millions of people all around the world, many people are feeling anxiety and grief. A lot of businesses have closed and many employees have lost their means of income. There are also thousands of people who have become infected and sadly many people were not able to survive the virus. It is not certain when all of this will end so it is recommended that you take care of your physical and mental health, practice social distancing, and follow the guidelines from the experts.
If you’re feeling down and depressed during these times of uncertainty, here are some inspirational quotes that might help lift your spirits up. These quotes are all about overcoming fear, struggle, and challenges in life. May they help you and inspire you during this challenging pandemic.
1. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
3. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” ― Louisa May Alcott
4. “Without darkness nothing comes to birth, as without light nothing flowers.” ― May Sarton
5. “Concerned but not consumed!” ― Ron Sanders
6. “Your mind is small, but your heart is big. Your mind is afraid but your heart is full of love.” ― Maxime Lagacé
7. “There are no negatives in life, only challenges to overcome that will make you stronger.” ― Eric Bates
8. “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “Beautiful souls are shaped by ugly experiences.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
10. “The tests we face in life’s journey are not to reveal our weaknesses but to help us discover our inner strengths. We can only know how strong we are when we strive and thrive beyond the challenges we face.” ― Kemi Sogunle
11. “The victory over our inner self is a daily struggle. Be strong and do not give up.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “The capacity to solve life’s problems is based on our abilities to learn to think above and not below the problems.” ― Auliq Ice
13. “Let them see you cry. Let them see you sweat. Let them see you bleed. Those three drops make you human. Never fear to show your humanity. It’s the bravest act of all.” ― Toni Sorenson
14. “Tenacity is strength in adversity.” ― Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
15. “Our most beautiful dreams are born from our most unpleasant nightmares.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
16. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ― Oprah Winfrey
17. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” ― Duke Ellington
18. “No more crying. Tears only cause destructive floods. When you are sad, you build a boat.” ― Katherine Russell
19. “You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.” ― Michelle Obama
20. “People overcoming the odds is actually a really important part of humanity, and I don’t think we kind of get to celebrate that as much as we should.” ― Taika Waititi
21. “It’s part of life to have obstacles. It’s about overcoming obstacles; that’s the key to happiness.” ― Herbie Hancock
22. “The story of our species is one of overcoming existential risk through new forms of cooperation and innovation.” ― David Grinspoon
23. “There is no education like adversity.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
24. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” ― Truman Capote
25. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “One who conquers the sea today is ready to conquer the ocean tomorrow.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
27. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” ― Jimmy Dean
28. “Strength comes from struggle. When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shifts from ‘I can’t do this’ to ‘I must do this.” ― Toni Sorenson
29. “Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, help is available.
Contact Lighthouse Treatment Center today.